Translate

Thursday 21 September 2023

The Two Babylons 

Only days after replacing my copy of "Two Babylons" which I sold decades ago, I received a book list from a Christian who is a bookseller I have dealt with over the years. He is not identified with Brethren and the vast majority of the books he has for sale are not by Brethren authors. He is very honest, and his descriptions of the condition of the books he sells are always of a superior condition, a very pleasant contrast to the many who over-rate their books, and often fail to mention various defects.

Now to return to my reason for this "Post," thanking you for your patience. This seller whom I recommend for his honesty, and the comprehensive information he attaches to many of his book descriptions, often proving very enlightening, once again left some details which piqued my interest. I think it best to quote the Bookseller verbatim.

"Ralph Woodrow, author of "Babylon, Mystery Religion", based on this book, ("The Two Babylons" my insertion in brackets.) later came to the conclusion that Hislop was totally unreliable, as have others with no particular love for Roman Catholicism. Should be regarded as a curiosity rather than a source, at least only a source of questions rather than answers. Those who have come across any British Israel material (not that I'm suggesting a connection) will be familiar with the kind of leaps of logic used."

So, intrigued I searched for Ralph Woodrow to see if he manifested any spiritual insight or authority. I did not want to find I was mistaken in replacing my copy of Hislop's work.

It was not difficult to "locate" Woodrow. He has a website where he airs his foolish views and sells his books to gullible readers. Only a few minutes of reading his "blurb" on a number of his books, assured me he is very poorly instructed in the Word of God, and has a suspect view of the veracity of the Scriptures. I fear his so-called "ministry" is a means of acquiring wealth like many of the so-called Evangelists that flourish particularly in the U.S.A.

My advice would be to steer well clear of this man and his published works.   



No comments:

Post a Comment