Translate

Sunday 11 June 2017

Founded or Floundering?

Founded or Floundering?
A dear departed brother in Christ, (French, I believe has proved most helpful over many years of reading his Bible notes. I had a problem with one statement from his note on Psalm 8. Much of what he had penned was really beautiful and Christ-exalting. But I was arrested by these words, "Yes, the Creator has taken upon Himself the body He had created." (Italics are mine.)
I felt there lurked under the surface, a suggestion that the Son had become a creature! Perhaps thereby affording a handhold to some of the cults who deny Christs' intrinsic deity!Although I feel certain our brother never meant to convey such a thought. 
Both Darbys' version and the R.V. agree with the A.V. rendering "prepared." So I went a little further and traced it in Strongs' concordance, noting any derivatives within the meaning of the word, and found NO suggestion of "creating!"  
My purpose was not to make my brother an offender for a word, but to satisfy my concern in regard to the truth of the Person of Christ.
At the close of Romans chapter nine, I was recently struck by thoughts conveyed by the "stone of stumbling," and "Rock of offence." Without detailing my apprehension of this verse, I nevertheless felt compelled to coin a truism, I mean a self-evident truth.
The entire written Word of God, His recorded revelation to man, stands or falls upon the reception or rejection of the truths concerning Christ! One is either "Founded upon" or "Floundering upon" these revealed truths. The Person of the Son is pivotal regarding all, and everything, of any divine and eternal worth. If one is wrong about Christ, he is wrong about all and everything of ant moment, for time and eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment