Translate

Saturday 29 April 2017

Brief Responses Regarding I.T.D.D.

SOME BRIEF RESPONSES FROM THE SAINTS REGARDING
INTERNATIONAL TRACT DISTRIBUTION DAY
I am "posting" some lovely messages received from some of the many (countless, I hope!) saints who contributed to the above exercise on April 18. The only purpose for this "posting" is to encourage the people of God in their endeavours to reach the lost for His Son; and for the glory of Him who is our God and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I am not aware of the location of a number of saints who replied to me, but one sister (Daniela) wrote from Inverness Florida U.S.A.
"Yesterday I left a grocery store, I saw a tract sitting there and prayed that the right person would pick it up!" She added most pertinently, "Each one, reach one."
A faithful brother (Edward) located in Newfoundland wrote very humbly of his consistent exercise in tract distribution. He also said, "I print quarterly double sided 8.5x11 gospel paper with local photos, short poems and gospel articles. It so happened that my purposed distribution this quarter falls on April 18." The day we proposed for the International effort!
Two messages were received from another godly sister (Marilyn) but I am sorry I do not know where she lives. One unusual suggestion was to carry tracts "in the pocket of your car door when going through a drive-thru for coffee!" But she also wrote that through GHF she had been in touch with relatives of a retired Hospice nurse working with missionaries. Marilyn was requesting that an article about a man in St. George in Sydney Australia, might be pulled from the archives and sent to her and them. She revealed that he "gave out at least one tract every day to passers-by," and there was "the resultant fallout because of his faithfulness."
Ros, a sister in Christ,now well known to my wife and I, who spends many months every year on the "mission field" in Zambia, told us that she "had shared the details of (your) commendable exercise with the local Assembly here in Wallingford (Oxfordshire U.K.) She added that the folk there in Zambia " distribute tracts regularly to the outpatients in the clinic line and to patients on the ward."
In connection with the above, I received another reply, totally independent of that one, from Zambia. (Margie) a dear sister there wrote, "My mother in Canada forwarded your email from GHF about the Tract Day, great idea! I give out Gospel literature regularly at the clinics I do. Will give out DOUBLE (my emphasis) on the 18th."
Finally I have copied and pasted this lovely message: "Dear Brother, To encourage you in your admirable effort to promote tract distribution, I would like to communicate to you that here in the little Chilean cities of San Felipe and Santa Maria, we are joining the effort to encourage each one to give out at least one tract on April 18. 
Yours in the service of our Lord Jesus,
Margaret."


No comments:

Post a Comment