Translate

Thursday 19 September 2019

Mother and Her Son Baptised

A Mother and her Son Baptised
We had the joy of supporting an Assembly exercise with our prayers and presence just last Lords' Day.
Both of the "candidates" (I'm not sure from where I dragged up that expression,) I hope it is not offensive to any believer of my fellow believers; but to continue both of these dear saints gave their testimony before entering the water.
I struggled with my "principles" as the sister opened her heart in witness to the saving grace of God. I remain a little concerned as to her "speaking," but partially console myself with the fact that it was not an Assembly gathering. The Assembly no more baptise than teaches! And it was clear to all that she was not "taking the lead" on that occasion. In honesty I still am a little concerned, but I cannot deprive you of this manifestation of the life-giving power of the Gospel of Gods' grace.
As indicated in the "Title" of this Post, it was a mother and one of her sons publicly declaring their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. And both had been "won" for the Lord by another of her sons because of his totally transformed character and lifestyle. He had been deep in the darkness of this world and so had his mother and his brother. Truly "brands plucked out of the fire;" Zechariah 3:2.
Such an ignominious defeat for Satan their erstwhile master!
The sisters' testimony was courageous and passionate although she spoke so quietly and humbly. I doubt that any who listened could have remained unmoved. I hasten to add that the young man to witnessed a bold confession.
The brother given the responsibility to speak a little on baptism and preach the Gospel did not fail in his faithfulness to the Saviour. The Gospel was clearly "preached" and the Lordship of Christ was maintained throughout the meeting.
How precious to be able to muse upon blessing in a time of such failure among so many of Gods' people.
Please uphold these dear "babes in Christ" in prayer, especially in the next few weeks when they will without doubt be assailed by the evil one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment