Translate

Friday 20 September 2019

A Covenant Child

"A Covenant Child"
Today has proved to be a lovely autumnal September day with hours of beautiful sunshine. I felt exercised in my soul to use this opportunity to deliver a good number of copies of the Gospel magazine "Via," if the Lord so willed. I had struggled with an extremely painful leg ulcer for over six weeks, which the Lord has now graciously healed, and suitable opportunities had been missed.
I set out in the glorious sunshine with a planned route within the "borders" of the geographic area I feel responsible for before the Lord in spreading the Glad Tidings. I had a rather strange conversation with a rather strange man! but it resulted in his request for a copy of Via and I was only too pleased to give him one. As has been the case in recent years I came across new little areas now built upon and two of the three were quite secluded and as tranquil as is possible in to be in this scene of hustle and bustle; I trust you know what I mean. 
Now, whenever I deliver this Gospel magazine I am careful to observe any notices or stickers attached to the doors of the properties, so as not to give offence and cause the occupants to become even more hostile toward the truth. If the message is "No Junk mail" I still deliver the magazine because it is physically a nice production. But if the householders do not want any literature or specify "nothing religious" is to be posted through their door I honour their decision.
Over the years I have read any number of door stickers and of endless variety. But today I met with one I have never seen before. It was curious in the extreme! It read: "Back Off I am a Covenant Child!" Above the wording there appeared to be a tiny logo depicting a crown. I have searched the "net" this evening without any success. Obviously I left a Via magazine for the "covenant child," presuming that it might be well received.
When I had finished my quite extensive delivery "round" I returned home a little weary but elated. I had experienced no pain or discomfort from my journey, the Lord undertook for me every step of the way; He is SO faithful.
Please "water" the seed sown with your prayers. thank you in his lovely Name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment