Translate

Saturday 28 April 2018

Love For The Holy Spirit

Love For The Holy Spirit
It is difficult to convey my thoughts regarding the above "title" to this "post." It is not a "typo," it is not supposed to read "of the Holy Spirit." Of late I have come to appreciate more and more the precious ministry of the Holy Spirit afforded to me personally. I am overawed at the subject place He has been willing to take here in this scene, even as did the Son, although in a much more profound way, I mean in incarnation. But the lowly place the Holy Spirit has taken here below is very precious too, for His pre-eminent design is to exalt Christ, to magnify Gods' Son. And so He recedes as it were into the background in beautiful humility so as not to obscure the wondrous person of the Lord Jesus.
                                                               Just as the Lord Jesus never divested Himself of one iota of Godhead character, essence and attributes, neither has the Holy Spirit! His faithfulness to me personally has overwhelmed my heart; taking my stammering, feeble expressions of worship of Gods' Son and making them intelligible, and acceptable to the Father, clothing them in the language of heaven, and the fragrance of Christ Himself.
                               I have constantly known the Spirits' enlightening, enabling and empowering in my simple ministry for the Master. Always cast upon God for help in these weighty responsibilities, the Holy Spirit has never ever filed me. Why it should be so I understand, it is divine love; why to me I cannot understand! 
                                                                                                                     But this experience of the Spirits' help and undertaking has caused me to learn to love Him. A new lesson in my pathway here. We never address Him, nor sing praises to Him, but that does not prevent us from telling the Father of our love for Him; as a Person of the Triune Godhead is He not worthy of our love and our thanksgiving? Is He not our Paraclete, Comforter and Instructor in things eternal?
                                                                                           May the increasing awareness of our debt to Him call forth love and affection for the Holy Spirit of God. All for the glory of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.    

No comments:

Post a Comment