Translate

Wednesday 18 April 2018

International Tract Distribution Day -- Experiences

International Tract Distribution Day-- Experiences.
Today is the designated day for the believers in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, to participate with one another throughout the entire world, in distributing the printed word of the Glad Tidings concerning Himself.
                                                                              I planned my route and the amount of magazines I hoped to deliver. I asked the Lord to overrule for me and protect me from both "unreasonably men that have not faith, and from unfriendly dogs!
                                                                                                                         I set out to deliver in an area I had not reached before in all the years I have been engaged in this humble but  precious exercise. Unfortunately I dressed for the weather we have been experiencing here in the U.K. for some considerable time. Wearing a warm waterproof coat over a black long-sleeved shirt. The weather just became nicer and nicer, hotter and hotter! I became dried mouth and terribly thirsty after a while and later ravenously hungry as well! It was an uncomfortable couple of hours, and I felt I was suffering for His Names' sake! How pathetic! It was trifling in comparison with that which multitudes have undergone for Him. I felt quite ashamed.
                                                                                                             One of the roads I found myself in was a "close" or cul-de-sac; quite extensive too. I had a polite refusal which is not unusual; but what really struck me was the vast majority of houses with a large orange sign "No Junk Mail. I am used to seeing this sort of notice but never in that proportion. I am always in a quandary as to what to do, and I am not consistent in my actions in these circumstances. I truly do not know why. I always ponder whether to "post" the magazine anyway or not. Whether leaving the Word of God with them out-weighs giving them offence. I would value any thoughts as to this perplexing question. If there is a notice which reads "No Religious Bodies," a surprisingly oft repeated practice. I do not leave any literature then; as I feel that would be offensive with such a clearly stated request.
                                                                                            I must say I felt a sense of joy and achievement in completing the task; and when considering that perhaps many, many saints contributed to this days' spiritual exercise, that if it please the Lord will have already, and later too, redounded to His glory.
                                                                                        For all who participated or will yet do so today, and for all who prayed on behalf of this venture for the Lord Jesus, may I just say a warm and sincere "thank you." If the Lord will we intend to do the same next year, that would be the third year!
                                                                  In the meanwhile as we await Gods' Son from heaven, among many other exercises we will continue to distribute the living Word of God in printed form whenever He enables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment