Translate

Monday 6 February 2017

What is an Atheist?

WHAT IS AN ATHEIST?
Just a little while ago, a recent Lords' Day evening, my wife and I went to support the preaching of the Gospel at an Assembly not too distant from us. I was not engaged in the Lords' service on that day and our Assembly Gospel service is held shortly after the "Morning Meeting" when we "Break Bread" and call to mind our lovely Saviour as we proclaim His death.
The preacher on that occasion was at pains and went to great lengths to explain what an atheist is in essence. He overwhelmed us with the magnitude of faith an atheist would need to actually be constituted such.
I was quite despondent when he seemed to invest an atheist with greater faith than any believer possessed! I an sure he did not mean anyone to feel like that, but I did!
Reading J.N. Darbys' translation of the Scriptures, I discovered the briefest, yet the fullest explanation as to the definition of an atheist. "Having no hope, and without God in the world," or "atheists." Ephesians 2:12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment