Translate

Tuesday 28 February 2017

"Poundland"

"POUNDLAND"
A strange subject for a "Brethren blog" no doubt! A little light-hearted too!
Yesterday I "shopped" in Poundland: for those overseas, it is a retail "chain" selling (basically) everything for one pound per item. As a poverty-stricken "brother" it is a boon, and I frequent these stores.
So then, what of yesterday? Well, I espied a wooden plaque bearing this inscription:
"The best
   memories 
  are made
   gathered
around
 the table"
It immediately caused me a wry smile and a definite desire to purchase one! It only needs some artist to "burn" a little picture of a "loaf" and a "cup" in the respective top corners of the plaque and it would be complete! 
I warned you it would be light-hearted, but go on rush out and buy one for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment