Translate

Tuesday 12 January 2021

"A Time to be "Cut-off"

I have just read a "Post" on a highly regarded "Forum" that has left me totally perplexed. It is an invitation to hear the Gospel of Gods' grace concerning His Son. (My wording.) I wish to quote verbatim one line from the invitation to "hear.". It is of course a "virtual" meeting.

"Starting sharp on the hour, (and) the moderator is no longer able to admit folks after the start!"  (My underlining and exclamation mark.)

I ask in all simplicity, "Is this not fatal nonsense? If an unbeliever desired to hear the Glad Tidings and was late, he or she would not be permitted. Now if this person was not completely stumbled thereby and purposed to listen a day or two later, and far be the thought perished in their sins, where would that leave us, brethren? It is too frightful to contemplate. I am sorry but such action is way far beyond my ability to grasp.

May I ask, "do we turn away folk from a "physical" meeting? I think not! Do we "tarry one for another," as fellow saints when the need arises? I trust that we do!"

If the problem is one of technology, then we need to give up the technology!

I trust this has not been written in a spirit of bitterness, but rather in that of absolute incredulity and disbelief that such a situation should ever arise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment