Translate

Tuesday 12 March 2019

The Moral Glory of the Lord Jesus Christ

The Moral Glory of the Lord Jesus Christ
With mixed emotions I have just finished reading the above book, written by our late esteemed brother J.G. Bellett. I am glad to have finally finished it , but sad too, as I thirst for more of this precious ministry.
I am afraid that it has taken a long time to complete my reading of it as I read it intermittently rather than consistently; other "calls" were pressing from time to time.
A second reading is forcefully pulling my heart-strings!
Many a lovely turn of phrase may be found throughout the book. Some little insights of peculiar delight gripped my soul, and I was compelled to own I had never "seen" or heard such thoughts.
May I commend it to every believer who as yet have not had the privilege to enjoy this rare work which calls forth worship of the Son of Gods' love. The only division, (there are no chapters), comes at the close, which is entitled simply "Conclusion." I would draw your attention to this brief word. It is most beautiful, and would stand alone as a work of significant spiritual worth and blessing; it so glorifies the Son! It is truly sweet beyond expression.
In humility I would suggest every child of God should read this book; our brother knew much help from the Spirit of God Himself, and it is clearly evident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment