Translate

Wednesday 29 March 2017

The Psalms: A New Version by Lord Congleton

The Psalms: A New Version by Lord Congleton
Some years ago I foolishly sold a considerable part of my "library" consisting  mainly of Brethren works; I think I mentioned this in an earlier "post" on this Blog. I have regretted it ever since. I decided to try and replace as many of my books as possible. It has proved to be almost impossible, certainly very difficult and expensive. Works written by Brethren, and those written from similar points of interpretation have become very desirable and inflated the cost beyond reasonable measure. Almost any book of a dispensational, pre-millennial and/or pre-tribulation character are now very collectible and expensive. I have no real idea why; but it has made purchasing of any of them, if, and when found, in many cases well beyond my finances.
Recently a copy of the above very rare title became available at auction. It was an extremely poor copy and as such really did not interest me other than to see how much it was valued at by the eventual buyer. It was ridiculously over-valued I felt as being at best in "acceptable" condition, however "rare."
Now I am in possession of a really nice copy, perhaps even slightly better than the previous one I owned! It is the same 1875 edition as the other two I have written about, i.e. my earlier copy and the auctioned one.
Nowadays it is nigh impossible to share such "finds" with anyone, as there is so little interest in these writings, certainly when it comes to "physical" books! But as I am so elated, and only paid a fraction of the cost realised by the poor copy, I had to unburden myself on Blogger.
I trust that some of you who read this will understand the thrill of such a find!


No comments:

Post a Comment