Translate

Friday 1 July 2016

G.V. Wigram --Psalms

G.V. Wigram--Psalms 
Many of my fellow brethren will be familiar with the name of George Vicesimus Wigram 1805-1879. He was one of the earliest "brethren" who gathered to the Name of the Lord Jesus with the saints in Plymouth U.K. He appears to have financed the production and printing of the "Englishmans' Greek and English Concordance to the New Testament" in 1839and in 1843 its' corresponding volume entitled the " Englishmans' Hebrew and Chaldee Concordance to the Old Testament." Both have proved invaluable to the scholarly believer.
G.V.W. also penned among many other very helpful works, "A Study of the Psalms." This is very well known too, I believe. But yesterday I discovered his "Translation of the Psalms," I have no idea how I have overlooked it in the past! Having just read one Psalm I already value you it greatly.
It is found in his "Memorials" volume 2, the second part, Critical. I have managed to purchase a second-hand copy, but I know "it" can be found on the Stem website. Please avail yourselves of it and feel free to comment.
I do hope and pray that this may be of benefit to some of the Lords' people seeking such help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment