Translate

Saturday 30 April 2016

Greater Love Hath No Man

"Greater LOVE hath no man...." John 15:13.
This morning I was perusing a book I had just recently acquired, [it was given to me,] when I discovered in its pages a "tear off" from a calendar. I am sure it dates back many years, but the Word of Truth never changes, as it is the Word of the immutable God and its central theme is "Jesus Christ the Same yesterday, and today and for ever." Hebrews 13:8.
The Scripture quotation above and that used in the "header" were not those on the calendar; they came to me when I read the poem at the close of the address on the page. It is beautiful; I have no idea who wrote it or anything more about it, and I felt I must share it with any of the Lords' people who come across this "Post."
To objects who deserve Thy wrath,
Thy boundless love extends;
Thou'rt tenderer to Thine enemies,
Than men are to their friends.
Perhaps the same line of a choice hymn will spring into your minds as it did into my own:
No man of greater love can boast
Than for his friend to die;
Thou for Thine enemies was slain;
What love with Thine can vie?

Psalms And Hymns And Spiritual Songs
number 88
J. Stennett 1663-1713




No comments:

Post a Comment