Translate

Thursday 9 January 2014

Pilgrim Songs

"PILGRIM SONGS"
This is the title of a little volume written by a greatly appreciated Bible teacher of the 19th century, Edward Dennett. It has been a long time out of print and thoroughly deserves to be made available to the Lords' people once again.
The sub-title makes clear the nature of the study; meditations on the Psalms of Ascent. 
The first few addresses proved a little disappointing to me, the exposition seemed to be stating the obvious. But having waited so long for a copy I persevered, and was richly rewarded! The more I read, the more delightsome and sweet the meditations proved.
Edward Dennetts' works are superlative and this is a lovely little addition to my "library."
"Scripture Truth Library" is serving the saints with a precious ministry. Some of their reprints are based upon the electronic text provided by STEM Publishing, another profitable ministry for believers today.
The only minimal criticism is the lack of a careful proof-reader. There are a few mistakes, but so insignificant they cannot detract from the edification with which this little volume of "Meditations" thrills the soul. I commend it unreservedly to the Lords' people.
(I bought my copy from a book distributor "post-free.")  

No comments:

Post a Comment