Translate

Tuesday 28 February 2012

RUTH -- ROMANCE OF REDEMPTION

Ruth - Romance of Redemption.
Just recently I purchased a little gem of a book entitled "The Romance of Redemption." It was published by P. & I. in 1926, and I believe that its author Alfred Mathieson, was in the "Brethren."
I have been unable to substantiate this in my research. But during my search I was quite amazed to find out how many authors had used the same title for their commentaries on the little book of Ruth. I wonder how much plagiarism might be involved!
What appears to be a very scholarly and reverent exposition bearing the same title, is that written by Edward Boone. The 5th edition of his work was published in 1936. Once again my search for biographical details proved fruitless.  
Another book with the same title came from the pen of M.R. Dehann; I am somewhat dubious about him, as I believe he caused much heartache among the Lords' people many years ago with his blasphemous suggestion that the Lord Jesus could have sinned while in this scene. (Please correct me, or confirm this, if you remember the circumstances that obtained back then; I will publish an unreserved apology if I prove to be mistaken.)
Chuck Missler has produced yet another book with the same title. I suspect the best thing to do with it is to "chuck" it in the bin!
If anyone "out there" is able to help me with information on both Alfred Mathieson and/or Edward Boone I would very much appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment